Orah (former known as Boardingware) is used to manage weekend requests and vacation/ break travel. Parents can access the Orah system via web once their student's account is registered. When you receive the email invitation from Orah, please follow the simple registration process.
- Parents should use Orah for travel information for all school breaks even if students are being picked up.
- Students should use Orah for standard weekend requests.
- Contact Dean for Parents Heather Hastings with any questions.
Students may check with Barbara D’Iorio in the Head of School’s office for airport transportation information, flight schedules, and train and bus schedules. Please consult the Student-Parent Handbook for complete information about travel to and from school.
Begins after sports/ afternoon activities
Flights should be booked to allow ample time for students to get to and from the airports. JFK and La Guardia Airports are two hours from school, Newark Liberty Airport is 2 1/2, and Hartford's Bradley Airport is 1 1/2 hours. A travel day is built into most breaks so parents may book flights at that day if necessary.
Parents are encouraged to make arrangements directly with one of the following car services:
Students wishing to take the Metro North train line to and/or from New York City are transported to and from the Tenmile River train station by school shuttle. This is the Harlem Line, with Wassaic as the last stop. There is no charge for shuttle service if your child departs and/or returns at the specific train times designated below.
Students leaving or arriving at times other than those designated must arrange taxi service to or from the train station. Please convey any information about alternate departure or return times to Barbara D’Iorio (860-927-0047 x1003) or the Administrator on Duty (203-788-4985).
The MTA eTix App (right, available from the App Store) can be used for purchasing tickets, and checking schedule. The My MTA App is also useful for delays and other real-time information about arrivals and departures.
- Tenmile is a remote train station, with limited and/or sporadic taxi service.
- THERE IS NO UBER OR LYFT (despite appearing so on their apps).
- Students must always indicate in Orah that they will be utilizing the scheduled shuttle.
- Students are reminded to travel with a fully charged phone and/or an external battery.
- They should have the AOD phone number (203-788-4985) saved in their phone for emergencies, such as missing a stop or getting off at the wrong station.
|No student should expect to leave early or arrive late at vacation times without permission from the Academic Dean, Dean of Students and/or the Head of School. Such permission is granted only in exceptional circumstances. Any classes missed before or after vacations are considered class cuts, with the normal consequences.|