Financial Aid & Scholarships
The Marvelwood School is committed to an economically diverse student body. In support of this commitment, a portion of each year's operating budget is dedicated to financial assistance. Approximately 25% of the student body receives some financial aid. Marvelwood subscribes to the School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS. SSS assesses a family’s financial need by taking the detailed financial information supplied by the family and applying it to a formula nationally accepted by independent schools. The organization then makes a recommendation to Marvelwood as to the amount which the family can contribute toward their child’s education. Local families will be considered for aid to help meet expenses for their child enrolled as a day student only.
The Bodkin Scholarship
The Robert and Cornelia Bodkin Memorial Scholarship provides full financial assistance for one year to a student who has met specific academic and leadership criteria. The student is designated as a "Bodkin Scholar.”
Anne "Nancy” Wood, sister of the founding Headmaster Robert Bodkin, established the Nancy and Andrew Wood Charitable Foundation in 2007.
The ninth annual Bodkin Scholarship was awarded at the 2019 Commencement Exercises to Oliver Sanchez '20, who receives a full scholarship for the 2019-2020 academic year. Htoo Gay '19 was the previous Bodkin Scholar.
- Completed Parents’ Financial Statement online
- Copy of 2017 and 2018 IRS 1040, including all schedules, uploaded or mailed to Student & Student Services (SSS)*
- Copy of all 2017 and 2018 W-2s and/or 1099s, uploaded or mailed to SSS*
- If you own your own Business/Farm: Business/Farm Statement, uploaded or mailed to SSS*
Student & Student Services
PO Box 449
Randolph, MA 02368
|The Marvelwood School does not discriminate against students on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry or disability. This policy applies to, but is not limited to, admission, financial aid, use of School facilities and participation in School activities.|
- Complete the Parent Financial Statement and submit all forms by February 15th. Tax forms should be submitted directly to SSS. It is important to note that SSS charges a filing fee.
- Awards will be made in a strictly confidential manner after all forms have been filed with SSS and the process as described above has been completed. Awards can be made only to those students who have applied and been accepted.
- The Financial Aid Committee reviews all requests for assistance and makes awards from available funding resources in an equitable manner, consistent with the mission and philosophy of The Marvelwood School.
- New requests must be submitted annually, as awards are made for one year only.
- Contact Director of Financial Aid Maureen Smith with any questions.