Junior Year: Begin your college search process!
- Register for the March
Request information from colleges on your list and start organizing materials.
- Visit the College Counseling office to help you in the selection process.
- When selecting your senior courses, continue to challenge yourself.
- Visit colleges over Spring Break.
- Register your
- Attend a spring college fair.
- Register for the May and/or June
SAT I and SAT II
- Look into summer employment.
- Continue to evaluate colleges and start narrowing down your choices.
- Attend the college counseling presentation during Spring Family Weekend
SATs and AP
exams (if appropriate).
- Consider enrolling in an academic summer course at a local college, pursuing a summer school program
- or working as a volunteer.
- Plan college visits with your family.
- Visit colleges, take tours, set up interviews, etc.
- Register for the
after August 1st.
- Pick an essay topic and do a first draft of the all-important personal essay.
- Continue to refine your list and separate reach, middle and safety schools.
Senior Year: Apply to Colleges – Make Decisions!
- Register for the
if you didn't already in August.
- Log onto
and sign the FERPA agreement and input your Common Application
username and password.
- Review materials you receive from the College Counseling office during Senior College Seminars.
- Register for fall
- Meet with your college counselor to review your college list and discuss your academic and personal record.
- Plan visits to colleges for Open House sessions and/or personal interviews.
Attend the Fall Family Weekend college counseling presentation.
- Take the
- Attend the Danbury College Fair.
- Gather the information necessary for applications and get them done.
- Ask for letter of recommendations from teachers, advisors and coaches.
- CHECK DEADLINES!! If you are applying Early Decision (ED), applications must be completed now.
SAT I or II
and remember to have your scores sent to colleges on your list.
- Keep your grades up!
- Your college essay and the
should be done by now.
- Access online the new copy of the FAFSA if needed.
SAT I, SAT II
. Remember to have copies of your scores sent to the colleges on your list. Many Early Action (EA) deadlines are in December.
- Keep working hard! Senior grades are important.
- We will send mid-year grades to those schools that request them. If you receive letters or emails with this request be sure to forward them to College cCounseling.
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1st to be eligible for financial aid. Individual school deadlines vary.
- Monitor your applications making sure all materials have been sent and received.
- Watch out for senioritis!
- Notify all schools by May 1st about your final decision.
- Share your decision with your college counselor and the School Registrar so that your final transcript and proof of graduation can be sent.
- Enjoy graduation!
The Marvelwood School Class of 2017