This is the deadline to register for the February ACT without an additional fee.
College Application Timeline
Junior Year: Begin your college search process!
- Request information from colleges on your list and start organizing materials.
- Visit the College Counseling office to help you in the selection process.
- When selecting your senior courses, continue to challenge yourself.
- Visit colleges over Spring Break.
- Register your Naviance account.
- Register for the April ACT.
- Register for the Common Application
- Attend a spring college fair.
- Take April ACT.
- Register for the May SAT or SAT II Subject Tests.
- Look into summer employment.
- Continue to evaluate colleges and start narrowing down your choices.
- Visit colleges, take tours, set up interviews, etc.
- Add college information to Common Application beginning July 1st.
- Pick an essay topic and do a first draft of the all-important personal essay.
- Continue to refine your list and separate reach, middle and safety schools.
- Think about registering for the October ACT and/or October SAT.
Senior Year: Apply to Colleges – Make Decisions!
- Register for the Common Application if you didn't already in August.
- Log onto
and sign the FERPA agreement and input your Common Application
username and password.
- Review materials you receive from the College Counseling office during Senior College Seminars.
- Register for fall SATs and/or ACTs .
- Meet with your college counselor to review your college list and discuss your academic and personal record.
- Plan visits to colleges for Open House sessions and/or personal interviews.
- Attend the Fall Family Weekend College Fair and college counseling presentation.
- Take the SAT I and/or ACTs.
- Attend the Danbury College Fair.
- Gather the information necessary for applications and get them done.
- Ask for letter of recommendations from teachers, advisors and coaches.
- CHECK DEADLINES!! If you are applying Early Decision (ED), applications must be completed now.
- Take SAT I or II and remember to have your scores sent to colleges on your list.
- Keep your grades up!
- Your college essay and the Common Application should be done by now.
- Access online the new copy of the FAFSA if needed.
- Take SAT I, SAT II , or ACT . Remember to have copies of your scores sent to the colleges on your list. Many Early Action (EA) deadlines are in December.
- Keep working hard! Senior grades are important.
- We will send mid-year grades to those schools that request them. If you receive letters or emails with this request be sure to forward them to College cCounseling.
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1st to be eligible for financial aid. Individual school deadlines vary.
- Monitor your applications making sure all materials have been sent and received.
- Watch out for senioritis!
- Notify all schools by May 1st about your final decision.
- Share your decision with your college counselor and the School Registrar so that your final transcript and proof of graduation can be sent.
- Enjoy graduation!
The Marvelwood School Class of 2017
January 18th is the last day you can register for the February ACT. There is an additional fee associated with registering at this time.
This is the last date to register for the April ACT with an additional fee.
March 25th is the last day to register for the April ACT. There is an additional fee associated with registering at this time.